1) My surgery
2) Bill Maher
3) Pride and Prejudice
4) Suicide Blonde
With so much to discuss I'd better get to it!!
1) My surgery: Before you all get worried that I've got cancer or testicles or something, it's oral surgery. I'm having my widsom teeth removed. Exciting, no? NO!!! There's all kinds of stupid rules. I can't eat or drink anything eight hours before my surgery which totally sucks because the first thing I do after I get up is drink a bunch of water to get rid of my morning breath. It also means I don't get to have any breakfast. And since my surgery isn't even until 9:45 am I'm not going to be able to eat anything until, at the very earliest, eleven o'clock. This is the funny part. The fact sheet they sent me says "Have a responsible person stay with you at least 12 hours after you return home." My brother thought this was hysterical so I said to him, " you'll be off school, want to be my guardian?" He responded with "Me? I'd guardian you right into a tree!" I know it doesn't seem that funny but it's the funniest thing he's come up with on his own that didn't involve the f-word or a South Park quote, so it was special.
2) Bill Maher: Oh happy day! I have seen the New Rules DVD and it is awesome! I was just casually stolling through my Hollywood Video last night when I came across it and nearly shrieked with happiness. It is absolutely hysterical! There is something about Bill Maher that reminds me very much of Ryan, which only makes me like him more. The DVD's not very long but the special features are great. During one of his editorials he puts on a giant wolf head in order to represent the wolves view of the distruction of our environment. During this portrayal the camera swivels to reveal Mr. Kevin Costner! That's right! Two awesome dudes, one wearing a giant wolf head, in one awesome place! Makes me really wish we got HBO!
3) Pride and Prejudice: Oh joy upon joy! I have finally finished reading Pride and Prejudice
. It was very good. It took me a long time to get throught the beginning but I read the last chunck in less than two days. Go me and my fast reading!! Speaking of P&P, yesterday I bought both Bridget Jones's Diary and Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason as they were on sail. Also this week I watched original P&P starring Colin Firth which is always a treat.
4) I actually heard "Suicide Blonde" on the radio the other day! I was happily surprised because the only old INXS songs I hear on the radio these days are "Need You Tonight" or "What You Need" sometimes "New Sensation" or "The One Thing." Now that I've heard the commentary for Live Baby Live whenever they say "Suicide Blonde" I hear "Soup and Salad Bar!" I was actually singing "Soup and Salad Bar!" Those boys have quite an influence on me :P
5) ELO: Short of Electric Light Orchestra! I've always like them as a band but latley I've found that I like more of their songs than I thought. The other day I was listening to my ELO greatest hits CD and realized that a number of songs on the CD were ones I had heard on the radio, made a note to look it up, then forgot! It was quite ironiclly wonderful!
I guess that's all the topics on my list! If anyone knows a good babysitter, give me a call as I'm gonna need one for tomorrow! (Just kidding, I don't actually need a baby sitter! Small joke!!) I've decided to leave you all with a survey I filled out since I'm probably going to be fairly whacked out tomorrow!! Enjoy and I'll see you around the dentist's chair!( Fun with Random!!Collapse )
I actually have a number of things to say in this entry! I'm gonna make a list so I don't leave anything out.